Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Roosevelt Tour

During our Thanksgiving break I had a chance to take Dan on a tour of Roosevelt. Both of my parents are from Roosevelt. I spent my first year or so of life living in Roosevelt in the bunk house at the Tidwell Ranch. The Tidwells have since moved to Globe but the Carters still live in Roosevelt. Josh and I took Dan to see the Tonto Cliff Dwellings (they actually let you hike up into the cliff dwelling), the Roosevelt Lake Visitor Center and we drove across the Roosevelt Lake Bridge (the largest two way arch bridge in North America). I remember going as a little girl to see the bridge when it first opened because my Grandpa Tidwell accidentally shut the car door on my finger and we couldn't get the door to open up. I think that lead to my first experience swallowing a pain pill. Even though it was very painful, I am now grateful it happened because I probably wouldn't have remembered the outing otherwise.







5 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Hey Hoefferles!!!!
I came across your blog on Heather Dahle's page.
If you send me your email I'll invite you guys to our blog.
Shaylee was soooo excited to see pics of you guys! She loves the two of you!!

Janae
janaeensign@gmail.com

Christi said...

That looks so fun! It is fun to get to know you better--blogs are so nice!

Chanelle said...

What a fun time! And I'm so jealous of your guy's weather. It looks so nice and warm.

The Sabeys said...

Awesome pictures. Since you have been there, do you think you could come and talk to my Utah history students about the Anasazi? We are also excited to see you... just a couple more weeks :)

Ross and Sherry said...

I didn't know there were ruins out there...hmm We'll have to check that out. ;o) Love your blog!!!