Friday, August 29, 2008

San Franciso (day 2)

Its the weekend!! And it's a long one too. I'm so excited. So that means that I have time to post more pictures from our vacation. So the second day of our trip we went back out to downtown San Francisco to see the things we missed the first day. Especially because I didn't want to leave without song to the Top of the Mark (my grandpas favorite place in SF). Since we didn't go down towards fisherman's wharf there weren't as many tourists, which we enjoyed. We went to a really cool market place that had some cool shops and over looked the bay bridge. The bay bridge is crazy long and it's double-decker. Pretty cool looking. While we were waiting for Top of the Mark to open we went to Grace Cathedral. It was very beautiful and had gorgeous stained glass on the inside. Then it was off to Top of the Mark for lunch. Top of the Mark is a restaurant at the top of the Mark Hopkins hotel. It was one of my Grandpa Tidwells favorite places to go have a drink, so in his memory I had a Shirley Temple (cherry sprite). It was the most expensive lunch I think we have ever had but the amazing 360 degree view of the city made it worth it. After that we went to China Town. It was like a Chinese Mexico and I wasn't too impressed. I guess my expectations were set to high. That evening we went with our friend Todd, who we were staying with, to Google for a tour and dinner. It was a very cool and interesting place. I bet it would be pretty fun to work there.

In front of the Bay Bridge.


I had to get the classic tourist pic on the cable car.


Grace Cathedral


Our view from Top of the Mark. Isn't it beautiful?


My Shirley Temple. Yummy.


China Town!


This pic is in front of gate at China Town. The lady who took our pic didnt do a very good job getting it in the background. Oh well.

0 comments: