Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blessings

Sometimes Heavenly Father makes us look really hard for our blessings. Today is one of those days. Landon woke up crying at 4:45 am. Sometimes he will cry in the night but goes right back to sleep, this morning wasn't one of those times. I rocked him for a bit and put him back in bed once he fell asleep but he woke as soon as his head touched the pillow. Since it was far to early to be up and moving he came to bed with me. We snuggled real close for about an 1 hour before he decided enough was enough and it was time to get the day going. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. Sleep is something I NEED...especially when pregnant. I was not looking forward to the long day ahead.

Since my lesson on Sunday I have really been contemplating my blessings...blogging about them has also helped me to be more aware of them. Even with the dread of the super long day hanging over my head I couldn't help but be grateful for the opportunity to snuggle my little boy so close. I enjoyed listening to the rhythm of his stuffy nose breathing while he sucked his thumb. I loved his soft little hands stroking my arm and my face even though he occasionally got rough jamming a finger up my nose or pulling on my lips and hair. I love my little boy so much! I cherish the opportunities he gives me to snuggle even if it is at 5 am!!

{Thought a sleeping pic would appropriate for this post...and yes he is sleeping with the Grinch in October}


I am also very grateful for my Mom who lives so close and offered to watch Landon this morning so I could get some much needed rest. And a sweet hubby who got ready for work very quietly while I slept. I am also grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who sometimes makes us work a little harder to recognize blessings that might not seem so obvious at times.

3 comments:

The Sabeys said...

What a great attitude. Your gratitude posts are helping me be more grateful. I hope you are feeling okay. We are excited for baby number two!

Jesse and Camry said...

Did you fall off the gratitude wagon? I was looking forward to all your daily postings!

Oh, have you found out the sex of baby #2????

suziehammerq said...

Katie--
I love catching up on your blog!! Will you please send me your address so that I can send you a Christmas card? Thanks--
Suzanne Hammerquist
saintlysuzanne@hotmail.com