Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Summer Lovin'

You all know that I LOVE SUMMER!! I love the feeling of the warm summer sun on my skin and if I could I would totally live in a pool. Well this summer is going to be extra special because we have our very own pool! As much of a PAIN as it has been to own a pool, I think summer time is going to make it sooooo worth it!

When we were in contract to buy our house the pool pump burned out. And as new owners of a foreclosed home replacing the pool pump was not at the top of our to do list. After the blessing of tons of rain our pool turned green. And not just kinda green it turned a beautiful shade of emerald green.


SICK!!! With warm weather quickly approaching we decided we should probably start putting the pool at the top of our to do list. We replaced the pump and I tried my best to care for it. I got it to this point and decided we need some professional help.


And now it looks like this!!! It still isn't perfect but it is getting there. Isn't it beautiful? I'm tempted every day to jump in but it's still FREEZING!!


This summer I am going to be teaching swimming lessons and I'm really excited about it. I have been brainstorming all the details the past few days and I should have it all planned out by the end of the week. Let me know if you want more details.



And now for an update on our favorite lil' buddy! He is growing up too fast. This morning at breakfast he helped me put the spoon in his mouth. He would smile every time with a mouth full of food. It was adorable how proud he was!! He has a new smile where he shows off ALL of his gums (still no teeth but his gums are getting bumpy). It's really funny!

He hasn't started to crawl but he is an expert roller. He also LOVES to walk around holding our hands. He has pulled himself up on furniture a few times. We keep joking that he is going to walk before he crawls.





This picture is currently our favorite! We love the faux hawk. Doesnt he look so grown up? We just love our little buddy boy!

5 comments:

Tidwell Family said...

That pool is amazing! you should be very proud of all the hard work, too bad the work isn't seasonal, it last all year long! I love my bugaboo!!!

Nathan & Jennifer Lundstrom said...

Swimming lessons sound like fun! What are the details?

Holly Llewellyn said...

I totally do swimming lesson every summer, and have for the past 7 yrs or so...if you have any questions...I have it running pretty smoothly...otherwise...how fun! tgood luck, I LOVE the summer too!

Esplin Family said...

Nice job on the pool! Maybe I should try it out when I'm down next month for a visit? :)The transformation is amazing and will be so worth all of the work you've done!

Lori Lou said...

I am totally interested so I need details...